Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Collaboration Nation: a Cause for Claus by Eric Syrdal and JD Estrada

A Cause for Claus

Tuesday night, at the local Bar
I never expected to find
Old St. Nick, The elf Himself
Sipping a bottle of wine

Now this was odd, unless I miss my guess
Christmas was days ago
But Here he sat, on a worn out stool
Instead of up North with the Ice and Snow

So I asked the Bartender, to get me a beer
and I took a seat next to “The Claus”
I had to find out, What this visit’s about
At least, could he tell me the cause?

The white beard is stained plum
While snow beetle eyes sparkle
A jolly man once, now so glum,
With a look on his face that gave you a startle.

With a beer in hand
And a question in mind
I ask: “What’s up man?”
And he replies with a sigh.

"Tis the season to be merry
Or at least that’s what they say
Yet the message ends up well and buried
And we’re short on good will to all men."

I offered a toast and I drank from my glass
I said very proudly I'd help him find said cheer
After all who's to say, that for help he can't ask
So I pledged My soul to his cause for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment