Monday, August 1, 2016

The catchup bonanza or what the hell I’ve been up to lately

This has most definitely been a topsy turvy year and there’s no doubt that if you switch on the news, see who’s running for president or are just breathing. Although some people are having a great year, and others are having a rough go, everyone seems to be having a loopy year. That said, I even had to take a break from posting on most social media just because I had so much on the plate that I really needed to focus on the real priorities.

So what have I been up to?

Well, LOTS.

During the month of June, I actually got two job offers, had to pick and once I did, then I had to prepare for a big move. Since then, I’ve moved stateside to the wonderful state of Georgia and have not stopped much for anything in the last 3 ½ months with varying topics.

Apart from the job opp, I also worked several freelance projects, did the Puerto Rico Comic Con, did another book event, and have published 3 books this year with the very real possibility of more work. I’ve evolved many of my projects, worked on collaborations, interviewed people, been interviewed by people and although I wasn’t on the blog, Twitter or Google Plus, I was still relatively present on Facebook and Super Active on Youtube, Instagram and recently on Sound Cloud. I’ve posted several videos I’ve also shared here though not all of them.

I’m still in the process of moving, but things are finally getting to a point where I can write about it. I’ve also done a lot of reading and a lot of reviewing, which you can also check on my goodreads account. In addition, even being less active, I’ve still met a bunch of great people, started a new podcast, and introduced a new character to Instagram called #ElDood.

I comment on all this to let you know that I really work hard on producing content on all platforms and on using each platform for what it is meant to. That means you won’t see long posts on Instagram, that means the podcast and my videos will have a different feel to them, and that is a reflection of all of my works. As it stands, I currently have 8 books published, all available digital and physical on Amazon, and some on Barnes and Noble, and some on Smashwords. I’ll be writing why I do what I do with where I publish and it has everything to do with results and ease of publishing.

If this post feels a bit all over the place, no worries, that’s EXACTLY how I’ve felt lately lol. Oh I also finally found an apartment to live in because for the last month I’ve lived in a hotel. In short, expect a lot of content this month and probably daily posts beginning with this one. I will also be ramping up content on all social media platforms so if you haven’t followed me on youtube, Instagram, twitter, gmail, facebook or to the moon, and you think I offer something interesting, then who knows? It might be a good idea to give a follow to help an indie author out lol.

For now, I’ll leave this post right here, to get cracking on several items on the to do list, which obviously includes updates on my work, what I’m working on, what I’m doing, where I’m going and what to keep an eye out for :D


Peace, love, and maki rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment