Thursday, March 7, 2019

See you at the Atlanta Comic Con

In a year of a couple of firsts, I’ll also be having my first official event in Mainland US. This year will mark the second year of the Atlanta Comic Con and I can’t wait because it will be my first as an exhibitor. If there’s an abundance of anything in Atlanta, it’s big events and conventions, so I took a look and really gave some thought to what event would be a good fit for me and my works. After going to several events last year of several sizes, The Atlanta Comic Con feels like a great fit to who and how I am as an indie author.

Some people have asked me why I don’t do Dragon Con and although I could go into specifics, I think a better question would be why not the Atlanta Comic Con? 

It’s got great guests, a good location, accessible parking, and since it’s still in its early going, crowds are large but you can still have a conversation with people and that’s what I truly love about conventions: connections. My first convention was the Puerto Rico Comic Con in 2014 and I’ve come a long way in regards to the books I’ve published, the people I’ve met, and the milestones I’ve had… and evolution should be a constant, so this is my next step.

Let us also remember, being an indie author, it means that any and everything I do is down to what’s in the budget and since I have a day job as well, I needed something that fell into a very convenient spot, schedule-wise. It’s a 3-day event which is also much more my speed than the gauntlet that is the 5-day Dragon Con. And actually, last year I was on a panel at Dragon Con and I’d do that again in a heartbeat for any convention actually. It’s a lot of fun and it allows me to meet new people, which is always great fun. 

As for my lineup for the Atlanta Comic Con, here’s the rundown… is there a chance for this to change? Knowing me, you know it’s very possible and much more due to more books being available but what I put on this list is what’s going no matter what:

Only Human: Book 1 of the Human Cycle – Urban Fantasy - $20



Shadow of a Human: Book 2 of the Human Cycle – Urban Fantasy - $20



Given to Fly: Middle-grade fantasy - $15



Twenty Veinte: bilingual collection including essays, short stories, and poetry - $15




Daydreams on the Sherbet Shore: Middle-grade fantasy short stories - $15



Peace, Love & Maki Rolls: A guide to creative kindness – Nonfiction - $15




For Writing Out Loud – Nonfiction - $15



Between the Tides – Poetry - $10



Dark Strands – Poetry - $10



Captured Moments – Poetry - $10



Black Tie Affair – Poetry - $10



Roulette of Rhymes – Poetry - $10



Pensando en Metáforas – Poetry/Spanish - $10




In case you’re wondering, yes I’ll probably be offering combo pricing but haven’t finalized those. And actually, if you’re going to the event and would like to reserve copies of your books, orders over $50 will get a free poetry collection of your choosing. If you’re interested in that, feel free to contact me on my Facebook Author Page or other social media platforms. 

If you have any other question, by all means use the comment section down below. 

Peace, love, and maki rolls

JD

No comments:

Post a Comment