Monday, September 9, 2019

Books for Miles

Someone’s encouragement can make all the difference in the world. I’ve been there. Trust me, I know because a kind message has more than once offered me the push I needed to get things done, which is why it’s so important to me to encourage people as much as I can. 

For me, it’s often been in regards to sticking to my guns where my writing is concerned. The “keep on keepin on” messages have landed at the perfect times and I’ve also been lucky enough to encourage some pretty amazing people and recently, I was happy to suggest something to a good friend.

Enter Brad Womack. 

Brad is a sock brother from the Sock Family who has an amazing sock collection that puts mine to shame, is a stylish dresser, and also a very nice guy. He’s also on a fitness journey because he wants the best for himself and I shall always encourage that for good people. 

He recently shared a pic and I commented with a bit of encouragement and his response was “I’ll need all the support I can get.” So here’s the deal, from here until October 9, I’ll be doing Books for Miles. Inspired by his journey, for every 3 miles he walks, I’ll gift any of my eBooks to whomever he wants to gift it and when he gets to 100 miles, I’ll send him a free Estrada Crate… And you’re invited to join in and invite anyone you want along for the ride. I won’t put a limit to eBooks I send out but I can only send 5 Estrada Crates to the first 5 people who reach 100 miles.

The requirements are simple, have an app that records your walking stats and share screenshots online with the hashtag #BooksForMiles. Also, tag me to ensure I find out you’re participating. Keep a tally and when you reach 100 miles, let me know to send you or someone you care about an Estrada Crate. I’ll be including 3 books in the Estrada Crate, along with personalized letters and post-it poems, as per usual. 


This effort is in part to encourage people to lead healthier lifestyles and to also invite fellow bookworms to join the fun. So here’s to healthy habits and voracious reading. 

Peace, love, and walk on.

JD

Ps.: This is one of his posts :)


No comments:

Post a Comment