Friday, April 24, 2020

For the first time ever, My first novel for free

Recently, the ever wonderful Neil Gaiman struck a negotiation to have his novel American Gods available for free online. Turns out that unlike other people with false claims, Neil kind of broke the internet or at least the NetGalley page that had American Gods available. Since then he posted an apology for the technical difficulties, though he's committed to getting that back on.

This is one of several efforts from many people who want to contribute in some way to help everyone struggling during the COVID-19 crisis and weeks upon weeks of being locked up at home doing our part to flatten the curve and ensure the safety of everyone.

So seeing this, I wanted to also offer my first novel for free for this weekend. Although one kind reviewer did compare me to a Puerto Rican Neil,  I'm clear that I'm not even in the same galaxy as he is in terms of impact. Still, some people enjoy my book and another kind reviewer recently surprised me with the above quote. To know that my writing in some way helps someone means a lot because it gives meaning to the effort I put into my works and if it helps people pass the time, then why not?

So this weekend you have Only Human free and all my other eBooks at just 99 cents, because why not? It's a time to find as many silver linings as possible and if my books represents a small happiness to readers, then I did something good and worthwhile. There's a lot to tell about what I'm working on, what will happen in the coming months, and how we can stay in touch, but for now, let's leave this post short and sweet. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me via your preferred social media platform or drop a comment on here. Always happy to read from you and be in touch.

Peace, love, and maki rolls

JD


No comments:

Post a Comment