Sunday, May 8, 2016

A Mother's Day Tradition continues

For the last three years, I've been able to publish a book on Mother's day. The first year, it was Between the Tides. Last year, it was the physical version of the Daydreams on the Sherbet Shore. For this year, I've published my first Spanish Poetry collection: Pensando en Metáforas.

This was a promise to Mom, and one I am happy to say I was able to keep. I'd been promising this collection for the longest time and today marks the day when it is available digitally, which means that I will have it at the Puerto Rico Comic Con.

It is a work that about a third of it was crafted din one day at the hospital, while mom was getting operated on. I've talked about Emotional Alchemy before and this is the perfect example of what you can do with raw energy.

As they operated on mom I had to wait for about 5 hours until I had news from her. In that time I either wrote or would lose my cool. Luckily I stayed in control and mom came out with a new lease on life.

So this is a tribute to my Mother and all mothers.

Of special note to thank is my wife for crafting a cover that truly captures the essence of what I did my best to capture in Spanish poetry.

To any and all who have been waiting expectantly, thank you for the patience, although a word of notice... this is just the start. My best to all the beautiful mothers out there. May you show the strength and patience to help guide the upbringing of this next generation. To the grandmothers, bless you and my love for you and all you do to spoil those grandkids rotten.

With peace, love, and chocolate truffles.


No comments:

Post a Comment