Tuesday, November 1, 2016

No NaNoWrimo but Yes NaNoEstrada

After a long think, I’ve decided not to take part in NaNoWrimo this year. Last year it was for health reasons, this year it’s more to do with wanting to focus on several goals rather than one full out novel in a month. I’ll confess, I’m not happy that I had to pass up on NaNoWrimo again but I do feel it would have been rushed and would not be the way I wanted to be.

That said, next year I WILL be participating and I WILL do all the prep work leading up to November. For those curious, it will be a fantasy novel based on Greek mythology and it will be very bloody. Although part of me wishes me to throw caution to the wind and do it, I’d rather do things the right way… which is why I’m going to bust my ass this month as if I WERE doing NaNoWrimo and below is my To Do List. I’ll be updating it using #NaNoEstrada as a hashtag, while I root for my NaNoWriming brethren. The mission is to finish several WIPs and start pushing for my new books for 2017 when I go back to the Puerto Rico Comic Con. I will also push myself really hard in social media and other things and show just how much you can achieve in one month when you channel energies that could otherwise stunt your progress. So without further ado, my NaNoEstrada To Do List:

15 blog posts
10 new booktube videos
5 new podcasts
2 Poetry Collections
1 YA novel
3 New Songs WITH lyrics

That is what HAS to be done come November 30 but below are 6 bonus items I want to tackle as well.

BONUS 1-2-3

1 Sci-Fi Novella
2 Spanish videos
3 Spanish Blog posts

If you want to keep up with my progress, search #NaNoEstrada and if you feel me slacking, by all means crack the whip. This marks the first blog post, but rest assured there’s A LOT more to come.

Btw, here's how I will monitor my progress... and like the Rolling Stones said I want to see it painted BLACK

Peace, love, and maki rolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment