Monday, July 30, 2018

Blue Sky Tag




My lovely friend, Sarah Brentyn did a tag recently and I was in a mood for a tag, so here goes! 

The BLUE SKY TAG

1. Do you judge a book by its cover?

Lol of course I do. But I don't gravitate to what the market likes. For me, a cover is essential to capture the feel of a book which is why I bust my ass so every single cover of my books is something I'm proud of. It takes money and time and a lot of people don't invest on either, so why should I invest on their books. And then there are covers that far outshine the book, which is just as frustrating. But still, covers call to us because they're art. 

2. What’s your favorite color? (Specific shade would be awesome…just saying.)

Teal or the blue from the water at a white sand beach with great waves. Seriously, it's mesmerizing. If we're talking in general though, damn do I love me some black :D

3. Which animal is smarter: chimpanzees or dolphins? (Except if Geoff Le Pard plays because he will say “mice”.)

Chimps for me and it has nothing to do with looking like one. Nothing at all. Or the bananas :D

4. What’s your least favorite part about writing: editing, revising, or proofreading?

Revising. I think editing is a pain but when it's a review and you're so burnt out you wonder if there's any problem when you can't find a typo, that's the worst feeling. 

5. Are there any mythological creatures you believe are real? (Or wish they were?)

I think fairies or a variation of them could be possible. There's a lot we don't understand. Other than that, some type of dragon had to exist man. The obsession is too global for it not to be the case. 

6. Which ridiculously popular book did you not enjoy?

Interview with the Vampire. Preferred the movie and don't mind taking heat for that :D

* * * * 

And now, let's enter the Do You Prefer / Which Would You Rather questions section

7. Pen or pencil
Pen for novels, short stories, and essays, pencil for poetry. 

8. Wine or beer

Depends on the need and the moment. Both make me intensely happy and I think today calls for a beer :D

9. Bean bags or straight-back chairs

Straight chairs. Bean bags can actually get old lol. 

10. A pile of proofreading or a stack of math worksheets

Proofreading any friggin day.

11. Monty Python or Three Stooges

Both make me smile for different reasons. Python is brilliant and absurd and the Stooges are just so old school cool :)


And now it's your turn to do this quick little tag if you need something to cleanse your mental palate. 

Peace, love, and maki rolls

No comments:

Post a Comment