Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Friday the 13th Birthday Special

I’ve always found it curious to have a birthday shared with Alfred Hitchcock and Fidel Castro and for it to be a 13th. For this year, it lands on a Friday so it’s even cheekier. 

So yeah, I’ll be 41…that’s kinda crazy though not as crazy as the last year we've all experienced. Still, a lot of good things have happened as I progress in my 40’s and for this post, I’m actually listening to the song #41 by Dave Matthews Band, because why not?

 

Also, why celebrate alone when you can have friends join in. If you’d like to help me celebrate, then there’s a couple of ways I can think of so let’s do the top 10 ways to help me celebrate.

 

1. Pre-order my 18th release, Rhymes from the Wicked Nursery. I’ll be writing more about this new release, but I’ll be brief: Nursery rhymes are creepy…they can be fun creepy…I wrote 80. 

 

2. Buy my physical books from Tazas y Portadas. Most copies of my books are signed and each has a unique dedication. 

 

3. Review ANY of my books. I’ve got a lot of books and a gift that is ALWAYS in season is a review. Good or bad, doesn’t matter. Just keep it honest.

 

4. Say cheers with socks, snacks, tea, bananas, or my books. Also, make sure to tag me @JDEstradaWriter in your preferred social media platform. Also, what can I say? I LOVE my books, but they always look better with company. 

 

5. Have a podcast, blog, BookTube or AuthorTube channel? Then have me over for tea and shenanigans.

 

6. Speaking about shenanigans, feel free to give me a follow on all my socials. Every bit helps and if you can tell a friend or two, I have zero complaints about that.

 

7. Know someone who works at a bookstore or library that could help me get books there, pretty please with sugar on top, hook an indie author up. If they have a different type of store that would be open to having my books, why not?

 

8. Have students that would like a chat from an indie author? Drop me a message and let's make it happen.

 

9. Want to make a donation to a charity in solidarity? I support EB Awareness, the American Cancer Society, and Waves 4 Water. If you do support any of these causes, it’d mean the world if you could include a #CheersMamaEstrada to show that her love continues to help others.

 

10. Check your contact list, pick four people and drop a line or give them a call and say you love them, just because. We need more love these days. 


So as a reminder, below will be my top 10 and if you think of other ways to help me celebrate, go for it! Til then...


Peace, love, and maki rolls




No comments:

Post a Comment