Monday, August 26, 2013

Q & A to someone who sent me a Q & A



So a blogger was kind enough to post my bio here and a Q&A I went overboard with here. Good times.




In a nutshell, Feed my reads is a community about connecting authors readers, illustrators, publishers and people in general and the sheer energy, and optimism with which Fraser replies to, organizes, and promotes this community makes you want to hit yourself for not being half as motivated. Above are the links to the bio and Q&A, although to keep the ball rolling, I had an extra 8 questions I would have asked myself that I sent along so the fun part about asking wasn’t one sided. So here are the 8 questions I asked Feed my readers and the answers.

Click here for my answers to the same questions.

Peace, love and maki rolls.


1. What are you currently reading?

I'm working my way through the Raven collection from James Barclay. If you haven't checked them out then I highly recommend them as this is a series I keep going back to.


2. What has your experience been with independent books?

I'm not a writer but I would never judge a book based on it not having a certain publisher.  I have read some amazing books that are independently published so I say give the book a chance based on how it feels to you in the description.


3. What are you currently working on?

As I run FeedMyReads I am always working hard to ensure that I am bringing authors, bloggers, illustrators, publishers and readers a great community where they can all come together and have a great experience.



4. What are your favorite places to write?

I sit and scribble stuff to myself whenever it comes to me (not a writer but I do have ideas for the community regularly) and then work on it at a later point when I feel like I can sit in an organised space and take my time.


5. What inspires you?

Reading the great comments I get from people in the community and the amazing feedback I've had from authors as the community is nothing without all the guys who make it what it is.



6. What has been the inspiration to some of your projects?

FeedMyReads came about after a chat with an author online who mentioned that she rarely had chances to chat with her readers but really wished that there were more ways to connect with them.  I sat and thought about how much publicity other so called celebrities have and so decided on building a community where we were all about being real to what people love.


7. What are some of your life goals?

I would love to be able to help people to be happy and to see their potential and get rid of the barriers they've put up for themselves.


8. What’s the best compliment you’ve gotten from someone who’s enjoyed your work?

I get lot's of compliments all of the time but one person said that I had changed their life since we have been about and that she was more confident and had made loads of great new friends which made me feel fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment