Thursday, January 1, 2015

Attention fellow humans: coming soon


2014 was a wonderful year and as we start up 2015, it begs the question:

What next?

So here’s part of my answer.

Book events: This year had me participating in my first book events and next year I will do at least four of them. 

Puerto Rico Comic Con. It’s official. I shall return to the premier family entertainment event of the Caribbean and there will surprises. Oh there will definitely be surprises. In 2014, it was my first experience at the Comic Con and I loved every minute of it, which has inspired me to take this year's participation to a whole other level. So how many surprises? Well, you can bet I won't only have one book for sale... and not just books... and not just literary things... plotting is under way and I have every intention of pushing myself creatively in all things. 

Books: I will publish and there are quite a few things close by... If you think my 2014 was busy, wait 'til you see what I have for 2015. To give a proper rundown, here's a list of what you can look forwards to, and I'm writing this to become accountable for the goals I've set for myself in this new year. 


  • Poetry collection #1: This set includes the darkest poetry I've ever written in my life. I'm a huge fan of Edgar Allan Poe and I wanted to explore the dark aspect of my creativity. This will be the first Estrada release of 2015 and you will hear more about it soon. 
  • Poetry collection #2: For this collection, I have explored various other topics, social commentary, and have challenged myself intensely to create a collection that captures moments, emotions, feelings and beyond. 
  • Daydreams on the Sherbet Shore: The physical version of the daydreams is coming... finally... and that's not all. One more daydream is done and being transcribed and a second one is about 30% done. So here's to many more dreams. 
  • Part 2 of the Human Cycle: It shall be published in 2015... it is decided. And it's going to be a bumpy ass ride, dear humans. More on this soon. 
  • Young adult project: a project I care a lot about will also be finished before the year ends. It is about a boy who dreams about flying... and it's nothing like I thought it was going to be. Which is a fantastic surprise.
  • Sci-fi novella: I've been working on a short story for years... and it finally got out of control, so it shall be a novella. 
  • Bilingual collection: Another project I've been working on for years will probably be finished in 2015
  • Philosophy project: Although I can't guarantee this project will be finished this year, it is something I'm working on. Very different and a format that is quite odd.... so obviously, I dig it. 
  • Blanc Comics: I will retake this project with renewed vigor to push it to the next level. 

Music: I've been playing guitar for more than half my life and I've rarely learned a cover... that means I have plenty of my own songs... so might be time to share a few.

Twist: As you can see by the image in this post, Twist will be along for the ride and he will be lending me a hand in all things creative. If you'd like to see Twist doing anything, by all means, let us know, we love a good challenge.

Doodles: I have heard some wonderful comments from people regarding my doodles, they will continue making appearances.

Skythoughts: Those of you who follow me on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram have seen my skythoughts. I'll be talking about this project, why I do it and pinning it on Pinterest so you can all share these thoughts because the sky is not the limit, it's pure inspiration.

Photography: Although I may only have a smart phone, that will not stop me from using my own pictures on my posts. Creativity has countless expressions and I love capturing visuals that inspire. I'm all about capturing moments and photography allows me to do it in yet another way.

Connecting through Social Media: I will continue connecting because it drives me, because I see how much I can learn from people, because the more we connect the more we can do and the bigger the difference we can make. Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, or Goodreads... wherever you might be, by all means, feel free to drop by and say hi.

For writing out loud: This blog shall continue to grow, more interviews, more reviews, more posts, more poetry, more randomness, and more connecting. If there's something you'd like to see, by all means, let me know. My emails is jdestradawriter@gmail.com. I love collaborating, love taking requests, love taking questions and love connecting through words... oh and maybe there may be a book version of the blog.... who knows... :)

Thanks for joining me during 2014 and here's to an epic 2015, dear friends.

Peace, love and maki rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment