Friday, September 11, 2015

Celebrating the 11th of September

Today is a good day to celebrate.


There are many people who know exactly where they were on this day 14 years ago. That happens when anything of that scale happens.

But today is not that day. Today is another day. A good day. A kind day. A day to give your best. A day to celebrate and to create new memories.

I know the news and several people have their programming scheduled and that’s a good thing. Remembering is a fundamental part of being human. My take isn’t to forget. It never is.

In life we don’t forget, we learn to cope. We grow.

On today, this 11th of September, people are celebrating birthdays, anniversaries, triumphs, and good things. People are smiling. People are living. And well we should. In our hands is the opportunity to take this day and make it special. To make it memorable. To go on an adventure and be silly and be fantastic if we find the opportunity.

I want to do my best to bring something different to the table and invite others to do the same. For me, today began with good music in the car, a nice morning walk, and this morning write. I have an entire day to make new memories, to cause smiles, to smile myself and to give my best because that is my choice and life is all about choices.

9/11 shall forever be an intense memory. But today is not 9/11.

Today is the 11th of September.

And it is a good day.

Peace, love, and maki rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment