Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Through hellfire and back

In my life I’m fortunate enough to know some pretty amazing people and I don’t say that lightly. In the last couple of months I’ve seen quite a few close friends and loved ones go through events that would shatter your average person.

But they have endured.

They continue to walk their path.

They insist on going upwards and onward.

I’ve seen people tackle adverse event after adverse event. You see the wear, the tear, the pain, and the frustration. But you also see the resolve. You also see the insistence on reaching out to the light and seizing it.

Humanity is an amazing thing in these situations because we see firsthand that there is great strength within us. Sometimes we decide to bring out that strength and sometimes it sprouts from places we would have never thought there still was resilience. That’s the thing though, when you think you’re done, you’re just getting started.

I consider it an honor to see the example of these people. From direct family to people thousands of miles away staring at the challenges of life and standing their ground.

Not cocky.

Not arrogant.

But firm in their commitment to life.

Every single day I find new things to be thankful of. But these angels who have been bathed in hell fire and pain that still prove that wings can help us reach heights unfathomed? That is human greatness at its purest.

My respect, my gratitude, and my best to each of you for your example.

Peace, love, and maki rolls.

No comments:

Post a Comment