Friday, April 10, 2015

Back it up People

Back up your files.




Let there be no question what the takeaway of this blog post should be.

BACK / UP / YOUR / FILES

Quite recently my computer had itself a fit and the hard drive died on me. Kaput, dead, 86d. Since there is a God or I’m incredibly lucky, a pious technological angel was able to rescue the data.

I was lucky.

It’s the second close call I’ve gotten regarding my files. From final versions of my work, to pictures that exist in no other place. My data was recoverable, my work and my memories were not lost.

I. WAS. LUCKY.

Don’t push your luck like I did. Don’t fully trust in technology. Prepare for any eventuality and stop postponing your backup. Every time you turn your computer on, you’re playing roulette. Your system is expected to work flawlessly for years. We should know better. Actually, we DO know better, we just love pushing our luck.

Don’t.

Back up your files.

Do it by the end of this week.


You can thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment