Saturday, April 18, 2015

What’s your time worth?

Being a copywriter by trade and a writer by passion, taking a freelance job is something that comes with the territory. This is work you do on your free time to make ends meet or get some extra cash.

But everything comes with a price, ESPECIALLY work.

You are called for that job. You say you’ll do it for a set fee or you’ll work per hour. The choice is yours.

Now after you invest one hour in this, it’s gone. Once you spend a full day working on a special project, that day is gone.
Time is the one thing in your life that is non-rechargeable.

Money comes and goes. So do good times and bad times. But time in itself? Once it’s gone, it’s gone.

A lot of people don’t realize this until it has actually vanished. I’ve spent many a minute, hour, day and week tackling extra work for countless reasons. Thanks to this time I’ve invested, I’ve always kept my bills up to date, I’ve always been able to help my family and it’s often given me ample peace of mind.

But times change, so do people and so do circumstances.

Freelance jobs have served me well… but I have to think of my work… and my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment