Wednesday, June 3, 2015

My inbox is open

If there’s something I really enjoy from events like the PRCC and book signing events, it’s the amount of writers I get to meet. People of all ages come up to me and want to talk writing, and I love that. Poets, short story writers, novelists, and of all ages and genders.

At these events I also give out my business card like there’s no tomorrow and openly tell people to write me and that I’ll write them back. Many people think I’m just saying that though others have found out I mean what I say. For writing advice, for tips, for thoughts I do my best to be as objective as possible because I know how much I would have liked someone to read what I had to say when I was younger.

It’s amazing how many writers are out there and just need a push. Some aren’t sure what to do, others are wondering if what they wrote is good enough, others still are nagged by self-doubt and to all of them I say, slay those dragons, connect, ask and if you think I can help you then by all means, write. What have you got to lose?

jdestradawriter@gmail.com

At your service

No comments:

Post a Comment