Friday, June 28, 2013

Music to write to: Explosions in the Sky




Huge waves of sound wash over me every time I put Explosions in the Sky on my playlist. Their approach often has them starting off quietly and building great walls of music one brick at a time until you reach the heavens. Thanks to this Texan band, I’ve been able to reach places unknown within me soaring through fields of unconscious bliss.

Their songs can whisper, create an aural atmosphere or invite you to fly into the heavens. I remember listening to them for the first time and being in awe of the power of these songs, the emotion they conveyed and the sense of awe they achieve without the benefit of the spoken or written word.

More than songs, these are musical shooting stars you can catch with a net and see where they take you. Beautiful, powerful, inspirational and the perfect audible canvas on which to write on.

Here's a link to a clip. 

Enjoy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment